Friday 24 April 2015

Decals: Off the Map


I then created some moss decals for this bridge in order to break up the texture and give it some age. But I quickly found that Decals aren’t currently working in Unreal. So I’m not really shore what I’m going to do here. The texture I’m currently using without Decals is far to clean, I can’t add dirt to this tillable because I want the dirt to Fade as it gets further from the ground.  Also for the level I’m currently working towards I need a large amount of variation.



The off white smudge in the centre of this white wall is my Decal, I’ve changed the wall to white to make it visible.

 I quickly experimented with Adding the decal texture to the brick texture this was just a punt, I was pretty shore that it wasn’t going to work.



Here I’ve used Lerps to mask off the layers from each other before multiplying and or adding them together.

Due to the tilling’s of these textures although they were different I could actually make them line up. But the tilling was instantly noticeable.


Although this wasn’t the desired effect, it’s nice to see that I’m starting to get a hand of Engine. I wanted to merge these two textures together and I quickly managed it.


This is this texture with the correct Brick diffuse. As you can see they do line up perfectly. However the colour of the moss is being affected by the bricks texture. I don’t know why this is happening it should be masked off from it, but this isn’t the method I’m going to be using, so it’s alright.

I am going to have to get decals working, hopefully an update will clear this, otherwise I don’t really know how I’m going to get this done right now.






No comments:

Post a Comment