Friday 17 April 2015

Canal Design: Off the Map



New and improved mood board. I’ve tried to make shore that allot of these images are of scenes in Oxford itself. I’ve also included some wild flowers and meadows.


Deigning the layout of the Canal area

One of the challenges here was trying to design a small area, without making the character feel like they are artificially being restricted of what they can sea and explore. I could easily block off one direction with a bridge, but then I couldn’t repeat this on the other side, I then tried to use fencing and a bend in the canal to deny the player travel further down river.


3D concepting

This helped me move around the area in 3D space so that I could ascertain just how restricting the area felt. Also the general composition of the area in real world space could be felt. This is an extremely early white box.





No comments:

Post a Comment