Friday 17 April 2015

Concepts: Off the Map



Very Quick woods concepts

Here I have also experimented with including some 2D Planes for the foreground.


Further Concepts

Here I’ve also tried to include some potential game mechanics. Here Alice climbs up a tree by jumping between Mushroom platforms, she might then be able to glide over a river due to her dress puffing up as she falls. May be she pushes a fallen branch off the top of the tree which then bridges the river allowing her to pass. Also here I have used some old wooden styles as jumping platforms. I really liked the potential with the styles, there indicative of age and they are relatable, they are also a visual reference for showing  Alices scale. At this point in the book when she is traveling through the woods she is the size of a mouse. 

All my concepts are done with a photo realistic finish in mind. I might include exaggerated fantastical forms and colours, but I’m still aiming to push my modelling and texturing. But these are just my early concepts at this point we as a group have no real clue what style of game, and artistic direction we are going to go in. Already I know that there is a divide in opinions, half the group share my ideas about the style of finish, and the other would much rather be allot more stylised, low poly and painterly. This is a tough future decision we will have to make.


 Canal Photo bash

I was really happy by how this turned out. Here I’m simply trying to capture the tone I want this area to have. Looking back at it now, the sky could have done with being blue, or maybe if it was a late evening gold and pink maybe………but definitely not grey.


No comments:

Post a Comment