Friday 24 April 2015

Bridge: Off the Map


Tesselated Bridge 



Not Tessellated Bridge


Comparing these two I can see that the tessellated texture is slightly better. There is more definition in the shadows and they continue all across the bridge. The untessilated bridge is noticeably flat in comparison. But here there is a huge jump in geometry, about 800 tries to about 40,000, this cannot be ignored.

This beginning part is actually going to be quite demanding on the engine, this means that saving tries here is going to be important. So is tessellating this going to be worth it.



 Here I have Z brushed the brick work using the methods I learnt earlier whilst making the rock tests.


This is what I initially tried to do with this part of the bridge. I quickly worked out that Joining up these brick textures over a seam would be extremely difficult. 

So I repeated the process I used for the Brick areas I had already done. This turned out really well.

A have also finished texturing the inside of the bridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment