Thursday 13 November 2014

Sentry Gun


Mood Boards


As this is an open brief, here I am simply trying to get inspired. I’m simply clicking around pinterest and grabbing anything that jumps out at me or that I think is appropriate. 


Real Life Tech


Amazing German artillery. These guns are not of this earth. 



Random mechs and general design.

Silhouettes

I used the above images to create random shapes, using the Quick selection tool in Photoshop and then shading in the cast.

This was allot of fun. Awesome designs came easily, it was quite hard not to just run with some of these first ones.


I did a new mood board, I wanted my design to be easily read as a gun, even from far away, at first encounter and before it started shooting at you.


Second batch of designs 

Here I have picked my finale design, here I took into account feedback as well as my own opinion. During this sheet I also kept flipping the canvas in order to get a fresh view of the designs. Some of my favorite designs I found didn't actually read well when flipped.


Another Mood Board to help with filling in the gaps



Design Development. I tried to use allot of hard edges in order to keep the tri count low.











No comments:

Post a Comment