Wednesday 26 November 2014

Dichotomy 2

Condensed Design Process

Silhouettes

Here have simply used the quick selection tool to grab shapes from the mood boards and I'm mashing them together.




Here I was really happy with some of these designs. I still have some big decision to make, Will the girl be carrying a gun and how much should I be relating the two characters etc.


Here I’ve compiled the best of both silhouette sheets, to compare them side by side. I think they mostly work, they are obviously from completely different worlds (Rich/clean/spoilt and Poor/rough/dangerous), but yet due to certain design cues (clothing style) I think they still relate. 

The poor character still needs to be pushed, the long cloak need to be altered as the rich character also has a long cloak. All so I’m still not shore how feminine if at all I want this character, I kinda want it to be a surprise that this tough looking character (exterior) is actually a young possibly awkward young girl (Grew up in the wrong world).

Paint Overs




I jumped straight into some paint overs, after the brief silhouette period. I felt that there was still development to be made there, but I had to move on. I thought that this silhouette could already be developed up into a good design, so I decided to run with it. I still think some development will need to be made post these paint overs. The boots need tweaking, I've tried to make some ultra-modern, yet relatable “cool” young person shoes, but I think I've gone too far. Though there are some good ideas here, their basically an exaggerated high top, and skate shoe combo. 




With early to mid 2000 skate shoes (Above) the cool thing was super wide, super big tonged shoes (the tongue would distort the silhouette of the shoe, the aim being make the front steep) If you push this as I have with my design, you end up with the tongue at an inverted angle.  My design is also a knee high, high top, but yet the heel is still at standard high top height. This chunky shoe design should Juxtapose nicely with the female character as I plan on giving her a light pair of skin hugging shoes, for being nimble and agile (stealthy) .



Allot more development is needed here although I am really excited with where this character will end up. There are allot of good ideas I just need to pick and choose which ones to bring forward.

I like the smaller half water proof from the first, its silhouette, the trousers and the bag.

I don’t like the skirt in the second, nor the strong contrast between lights and darks I have tried here.

 I do like the cape in the third although I think it hangs to similarly to the Rich characters coat.

I like the way the mask in the fourth encompasses a lot more of the head, I don’t like the trousers, the parachute pants from the first are allot more dynamic, also I don’t like the stance I prefer the femininity of the first stance (although the stance is quite a bit to feminine, and the knees coming together is confusing the silhouette a bit). 





No comments:

Post a Comment