Tuesday 23 February 2016

FMP: Trying to fix the side


I tried to fix these issues, but failed. I've also remade this panel, and again failed to remove these imperfections, I am now remodeling this panel again, but this time I'm taking extreme care to never move individual vertices. 



I've been trying to use the Boolean tool as much as I can in order to cut accurate forms in the mesh. But I've been finding that the tool isn't very accurate. When using the Boolean function I will normally duplicate the mesh I'm using to cut out the hole, all the meshes involved have their pivot points set to 0.0 on all axises so I can accurately place the meshes exactly where I want them in the scene. I've found that after Booleaning if I then move the duplicated mesh that I used to cut out the hole back to 0.0 that the hole doesn't actually follow the exact form of the mesh. Thus the tool can not be relied upon to create accurate forms. 



Well, the remodel didn't go to plan.



I've started again with this area, Here I have simply made a clean smooth surface. Sadly though I have issues here as well.



Ok finally I'm starting to get some progress here. The area around the vents is mostly smooth, the vents themselves though still need work.  


I've got this down to there only being one crease at the start of the vent. I'm going to try and add more geometry to the shape of these vents now as well. 

I tried  to get rid of the crease at the start of the vents by adding a chamfer, this sadly did not work. 
Also the connections that ran over the top of the car are also visible. 



I'm going to have to stop this process and pick the best of the shells that I have created, simply because I must move on from this area. 


I'm going to go with this front quarter, with single harsh crease at the start of the vent. At least it's neat, also the panels appear mostly flat when viewed with this surface material quality. 
I


No comments:

Post a Comment