Sunday 15 February 2015

Buddhist Shrine


I was given the task of creating one of the points of interest that you would come across on your decent through the level.  I decided that it would be nice to have a Buddhist shrine.  We were placing this world in Nepal, so this would be fitting. Tribal communities which are what the people living here have become are also always highly religious.




I modelled, a low poly Buddhist head statue in 3DS-Max , used Z brush to create a high poly and backed these together to create a normal map. I created a rust reference palette with 5 or so different rust textures on it, to poly paint the bust in Z-Brush using spot light. This was extremely successful.

For this area I also created using the same method as the previous hanging sheets a carpet and a sheet that would hang from the ceiling.  The carpet proved to be extremely awkward, In order to get the rumpled surface I was aiming for.  I finally created the carpet by repeatedly moving physical blocks of geometry into the carpet, and also dragging the carpet across a plane and into various placements of geometry.

As you can see here I have also textured the carpets, the textures I used use patterns that are native to Nepal. Post this image I added A lot more grime and ware to these carpets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment