Monday 11 May 2015

Last Push Before DMU Hand In


Although I have done tones of work towards the Canal section of our game. In this late stage with the deadline looming over us we have decided to drop this section for now. This means that the Bridge and Shed won’t actually be used. But these will be used for the off the map dead line.



Nearly all the other assets though are being used throughout the forest level.


 So I have gone straight back into finishing the Puzzle Room. Here I have grabbed the roof which I already made, a large sculpture wall thing, the hall way door and wall that Jake made. Now I can get a feel for the room again. Firstly I re-made the wall sculpture thing, I made it reminiscent of Christchurch ceilings.



 To do what I wanted with Jakes door turned out to be nearly impossible, so I modeled my own.



I taught Hannah how to projection map. As a result she created these complex designs, which I used in my own work. I’m really happy with what she created here these were extremely successful.



Here I have added in the floor. One of the pieces of feedback we received was to make the floor pattern draw focus to the Glass table. So that’s what I have done here. Originally this floor pattern had circular rings converging on the centre but after I started texturing the floor I decided this was going to take too much time. This was due to the floor texture being a single large texture, it isn’t a tillable. I was individually selecting tiles and filling them in in Photoshop, the rings had far too many tiles in them for this to be a feasible design.



 I did a planet




This is the finished Puzzle Room. I am really pleased with this.






No comments:

Post a Comment