Friday 15 May 2015

Stalagmites : Off the Map




I made this in Z-Brush using Z-Spheres to create the basic forms, I then worked in to this to create the high poly. Here I have included the Stalagmites and the Stalactites in the same mesh.

Super Last Minute Texturing


At this point I was just grabbing any assets that were yet to be textured.

Even though these were extremely rushed textures, I tried very hard not to compromise too much. After high to low poly baking nearly all my assets up to this point and seeing the effect of baking a simple chamfer on to a 90% edge it was important to me not to miss this step.


This is the very last asset I textured, right on the last day. I would have liked to have included more material variation, but I was seriously limited by time at this point. Also I did this on my home computer so I had limited axes to Normal map creation software. I only managed to borrow a flat mates computer for about 5 minutes, during this time I created the normal map and AO map for a tillable Hammered steal texture I created.

This was really quite enjoyable, hammered steal made for a nice material study. Also its always fun to see just how far you can push normal maps. 


Oh and I also did the label and cork for this bottles. After I put so much work into all the other textures, I actually felt guilty not high/low poly baking the cork of this bottle, But I was simply out of time. 










No comments:

Post a Comment