Tuesday 22 October 2013

Intro

Hi I’m Christy Judge a Game Art Student, and the image above is real, it’s not game art. It’s a Russian Lun-class Ekranoplan, a massive 80m long military hydrofoil, with six guided missiles mounted on the roof!!!
I think what drew me to this image is the same thing that draws me to games, it’s epic. But real for many of us isn’t filled with “epic”, it’s hard work, long hours, own brand and day time TV. Games give us the opportunity to play pretended; we can place ourselves in a world where our actions break the humdrum of general everyday life. Whilst playing a game you project yourself onto your character, so you are robbing a bank, driving an 8.3 litre Dodge Viper, surviving a zombie apocalypse or in a sci-fi and or fantasy world completely saturated in breath taking design.

The image above reminds us that epic does exists in real life, come to think of it, there’s a hell of a lot of it. Through this blog I’ll be posting work from The University of De Mont Forts Game Art Design course which I have just begun. through this course I hope to learn how to create some “Epic” of my own.


http://hot-articles77.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/recognize-ekranoplan-caspian-sea.html



No comments:

Post a Comment